If the warm, comforting flavours of pumpkin spice and pumpkin puree call your name in the middle of the night – like it does mine – then this muffin is for you! Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins are deliciously moist, healthy, and pumpkin-y!
Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin! That’s really all that’s on my mind these days, and that’s why I made these Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins! This muffin recipe was originally an Oatmeal Applesauce Muffin, but I switched out the applesauce for pumpkin puree and added pumpkin spice. #delicious
I’ve been on a pumpkin rant for a few weeks now, and I hope, Dear Reader, that you are not growing tired of reading these pumpkin recipes. If so, please keep in mind that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner, so I’ll ease off on the pumpkin recipes soon; I promise!
I know pumpkin in the fall is a love/hate relationship for us all. Either you hate it, or you love it! Seriously, folks, I know people who will do a happy dance when Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is back on the menu. (Points finger at self!)
The pumpkin latte is my replacement drink of choice, because for the entire summer, every time I go to Starbucks, I order a Grande Green Tea Frap – yum!
Anyway, I digress… this Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffin is the perfect grab and go breakfast – if grab and go is your thing! I usually stop for a moment, slice the muffin in half and smear it with butter. What can I say? This boy loves his butter. #nohating
In fact, I’m eating one right now. And, Dear Reader, if you scroll down to the recipe, you’ll see that you can join me, because you can bake up a batch of these in less than 30 minutes! Oh, and don’t forget to #passthebutter!
Also, you can find the pumpkin spice blend that I use right here; it’s a recipe that I made based on the Pioneer Woman’s recipe!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 1¼ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, whisked
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, plus more for garnish
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and coat a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the rolled oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and egg.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir well to combine, but don’t over mix.
- Next, fold in the pumpkin seeds.
- Divide the batter evenly into twelve muffin cups. Sprinkle with extra pumpkin seeds if you desire.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
In a hurry? Save this recipe to your Pinterest board for later!
Are you making this recipe? Show me your version! Tag me on Instagram or Facebook!
@lordbyronskitchen | #lordbyronskitchen
All access to Lord Byron’s Kitchen! Never miss another recipe! Follow me on social media: