Light and fluffy cookies made with cream cheese and real pumpkin, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cookies are loaded up with everything pumpkin!
When I thought about posting this cookie recipe, I wanted to publish a recipe that was loaded to the gills with everything pumpkin. If you’re one of the naysayers of pumpkin spice love, you should navigate to the recipe index at the top of this page and look for something else!
Why? Because this particular cookie is packed with as much pumpkin and pumpkin-associated flavours that I could possibly get in to it. Adding any more pumpkin flavour might just be illegal. I don’t know; I’m just saying!
In these cookies, you’ll find not only pumpkin spice blend, but pumpkin spice extract, pure pumpkin puree, and also, pumpkin seeds. How’s that for the love of pumpkin!?
I’ll be the first to admit that this cookie is ugly. There’s really no shame in agreeing with me either. That is probably the one and only reason I decided to add fall-themed sprinkles to the tops of these cookies. I needed to cover up the ugly!
I thought long and hard about how to photograph these cookies in a way that would make them more appealing, but after about 22 hours from the time they came out of the oven, I couldn’t put it off any longer. I piled them into a serving platter and took the photographs.
So, for this particular recipe, Dear Reader, you’re going to have to trust me. These Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cookies are light and fluffy – despite the fact that they look like hockey pucks!
They are also very moist and airy, even though they might look rather dense. And, oh, the pumpkin flavour in here is to die for!! They are warm on the tongue, and they have just the right balance of spice and sweet.
Baked right inside, there’s a bunch of pumpkin seeds which not only adds flavour, but also adds a little bit of crunch and texture. If you have any pumpkin lovers in your life, then you must make these cookies.
And, don’t be afraid of the ugly, Dear Reader. If you must, you can also skip the sprinkles and generously coat the tops of each cookie with confectioner’s sugar. Either way, these will disappear in very little time, so be sure to sneak one or two for yourself first!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 1/2 cup sprinkles, (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer, beat together the butter, cream cheese, and both sugars, until well combined.
- Add the egg and pumpkin spice extract. Beat into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Next, at the pumpkin puree. Beat to incorporate.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin spice. Beat until just combined.
- Add the chopped pumpkin seeds and stir into the cookie dough.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop 1-tablespoon mounds onto the prepared cookie sheet. Press the back of a fork into the cookie mound in an X pattern to flatten to cookie.
- Top each cookie with candy sprinkles and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.