If you’re looking for a fast Barbeque Chicken fix, this recipe is for you! Three ingredients and 45 minutes is all you need – how’s that for cheap and efficient? Look out weeknight dinner rush; Barbeque Chicken Tenders to the rescue!
If you’re an avid Facebook user, like myself, I’m sure you’ve seen those video recipes in your news feed. They are completely addicting and I watch them until I lose track of time. I have data usage on my wifi bill to prove it!
This recipe is the result of one of those videos. I remember watching the video and it was so easy, I didn’t need to write the recipe down or click on the link to follow through to the website. In retrospect, I should have done so, because I would love to credit this recipe accordingly, but I can’t seem to locate it.
In the wonderful world of food bloggers, there are so many talented and generous people. I would hate to ‘steal’ a recipe without properly crediting the source, so Dear Blogger, if this recipe is yours, please get in touch with me and I would be happy to insert a link back to your original post.
In the meantime, Dear Reader, allow me to present to you a Barbeque Chicken Tender recipe that is going to blow your mind (hopefully not, but you get the idea!) Can you believe that this gorgeous, deep red, baked chicken tender is the result of only three ingredients? When I first saw the video, I thought it would be an ugly mess at the end. But, I kept watching, and much to my surprise, the results were fantastic.
Most chicken tender recipes will find a whole list of ingredients attached to it such as seasonings, egg, flour, etc. But, for this particular recipe, all you need is the chicken tenders, your favourite bottle of barbeque sauce, and some panko breadcrumbs. (The parsley in the photos are completely for presentation and you don’t need them at all!)
To bake these, which makes them much healthier, all you need is a baking sheet and some parchment paper. I swear, this couldn’t get any easier! You could leave this recipe to your kids to do while you take care of something you deem more important than making dinner. (If you prefer to watch The Young and the Restless, I won’t judge!)
Barbeque Chicken FingersPin Recipe SaveSaved! Print Recipe
- 10 chicken tenders
- 2 cups barbeque sauce
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- parsley to garnish, optional
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a rubber spatula to toss the chicken tenders with 1 cup of the barbeque sauce until well coated.
- Next, dredge each chicken tender, one at a time, in the panko breadcrumbs until entirely coated.
- Transfer the chicken tenders to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven using the remaining barbeque sauce, brush the tops of the chicken tenders liberally. Flip the chicken tenders over and brush the other side with the sauce as well.
- Return to oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with a ranch dip - delicious!