I can’t believe these words are about to spew from my mouth, but here goes… Not everything in life has to be fancy! (Oh Lord, the Charlotte York who lives inside me is spitting out the bitter taste those words have left in her mouth and running around her kitchen in her Prada’s shrieking in disgust and disbelief!) Those who know me really well, will completely understand. #fancyismymiddlename Whew! I’m calm now.
Maybe I should have thought long and hard about speaking such vulgarity. Fancy is everything! I would be lying to you and to myself if I said anything differently. I’ll come clean with you, Dear Reader. I’m a plain soul; one who is extremely domesticated and very comfortable with being at home. But, even though more days than not, it’s just me and John.e that ever sees the inside of our home, I try my best to keep it looking impressive and ‘fancy.”
The pictures you see of the food and décor on my blog is not just a gussied up photo for the purposes of appealing to readers. If I am preparing the simplest of dinners for just the two of us, good forks are used, I choose plates to accent the food, and even when we eat sitting in front of the television, cutlery matches, as does napkins, and garnish accompanies every single dish.
Even a recipe so simple as these Salt and Pepper Wings deserved the red, plastic basket, the checkered paper insert, and the accompanying veggie sticks with the ranch dipping sauce. You don’t need to overdo it like I do, but sometimes, take a moment or two to make your dinner/lunch look extra special. You deserve nothing but the best!
- 12 chicken wings
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the wings in a large bowl, add the salt and the pepper, and using tongs, coat the wings with the simple seasoning.
- Lay the wings out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the wings from the oven, turn each wing, and bake once again for an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve with carrot and celery stick, accompanied by your favourite prepared ranch dipping sauce.