Asparagus Lupini Bean Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
A delicious side salad, yet hearty enough to be a complete meal. Made with asparagus and canned lupini beans, this dish is great served cold or at room temperature!
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, washed, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 14 ounces canned lupini beans, skins removed, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add the chopped asparagus and return to a boil. Immediately drain the asparagus and submerge in a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ground black pepper, and salt. Set aside.
Remove the asparagus from the ice water and drain well.
Add the rice, lupini beans, asparagus, green onions, and parsley to a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
Pour the sauce mixture over the rice and bean mixture and toss to coat.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 235mg | Potassium: 299mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2.7mg