Salmon and Asparagus Pasta Salad
Servings: 8 servings
Served warm or hot, Salmon and Asparagus Pasta Salad is a complete meal with so much flavour and texture!
- 450 grams rigatoni pasta cooked and cooled
- 16 spears asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 14 ounces canned salmon, drained, flaked, and bones removed
- 3 ounces sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup parsley, freshly chopped, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes, (optional)
In a pot of salted water, boil the pasta, drain well and rinse under cold water until pasta is completely cooled. Set aside.
Next, add 8 cups of water to a pot and add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a hard boil over high heat. Add chopped asparagus and reduce heat to medium-high. Stir and blanche the asparagus for two minutes.
Remove the asparagus from the pot with a slotted spoon and place directly into a bowl of ice cold water. Set aside.
In a large salad bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, ground black pepper, dried dill, and dried red chili flakes.
Add the cooled pasta and toss to combine.
Next add in the sun dried tomatoes and asparagus. Toss together.
Flake in the salmon; add the parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Toss lightly to combine all ingredients. Don't over mix. Try to keep the salmon from breaking up too much.
Garnish with parsley and parmesan. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for 2 hours to chill.
Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 608mg | Potassium: 673mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 395IU | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Calcium: 238mg | Iron: 2.4mg