Heirloom Tomato Feta Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
Summertime always brings about the produce that makes me happy. It wasn't always so, but in recent years, I’ve developed a taste for fresh, local produce, and an eye for colourful, vibrant food. These heirloom tomatoes were just what I needed to make a Heirloom Tomato Feta Pasta Salad!
- 2 cups heirloom tomatoes, halved (or cherry/grape tomatoes)
- 450 grams penne pasta, prepared as per package instructions, drained and cooled
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled (plus more for garnish)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup green onions, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped (plus more for garnish)
Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
Add the pasta, tomatoes, green onions, and parsley. Toss to combine.
Add the feta and lightly toss to incorporate into the salad.
Refrigerate the pasta in a sealed container for at least two hours. Toss once again and serve cold.
Plate, garnish, and serve.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 507mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 10.2mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 1.2mg