Easy Leftover Tomato Lime Fried Rice
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 large tomatoes, quarters and seed and pulp removed
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups leftover cooked rice, long grain is best
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 lime
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Add the tomatoes, onion, vegetable oil, and garlic to a food processor. Pulse until finely pureed and soupy.
Pour the mixture into a large skillet and turn the heat to medium.
Add in the tomato paste, salt, and black pepper. Allow the mixture to come to a bubbling heat. Continue to stir and cook the mixture for 3-5 minutes until the water from the tomato and the onion has reduced.
Add in the cooked rice and stir into the tomato and onion mixture. Stir well to fully coat the rice.
Cook for another 3-5 minutes until the rice has been fully reheated.
Remove the skillet from the heat. Add the green onions (saving just a few for garnish) and toss.
Plate the rice and garnish with the remaining green onions, parsley and a spritz of fresh lime.