Every food blogger needs to stay ahead of the curve and post recipes that our readers will need in the coming weeks or months. I’m sure if you’re a food lover like me, you’ve been seeing Valentine’s Day inspired recipes on Pinterest and other blogs for a few weeks or at least a month now. I’m a little behind with this recipe post in comparison to some other bloggers, but I can justify it by its ease.
I’ve seen recipes like this for years; and for every season. But, it wasn’t until John.e and I took my daughter to Hershey, Pennsylvania last summer, to visit Hershey Park, that I realized something rather important. I don’t care for Hershey chocolate in it’s natural state – meaning that I can’t unwrap a Hershey chocolate bar or peel the foil off of a Hershey Kiss and pop it into my mouth. I don’t like Hershey chocolate like that. (I’m a Cadbury fan.) But, Dear Reader, if the Hershey chocolate is baked into something, like a cookie, or combined with something, like these little pretzels, then game on! I can eat until I literally get sick. (Never happened!)
I love how easy and cute these are; you only need three ingredients and 4 minutes. There’s no need for a mixing bowl or dirtying up a bunch of dishes. A simple baking sheet is all you need. And if you’re smart, line that baking sheet with parchment paper, and you’ve just eliminated the clean up!
I hope you enjoy these little treats as much as I did, and have fun making them. Get the kids involved – there’s nothing better than having kids in the kitchen. I make sure every time my daughter visits, we spend some time together cooking and baking. Those are memories that will last a lifetime!
Happy Valentine’s Day, Dear Reader!
Valentine's Hershey Pretzel KissesPin Recipe Save RecipeSaved! Print Recipe
- 24 square pretzels
- 24 Hershey's Chocolate Kisses
- 24 pink and red Smarties or M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Arrange the square pretzels evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Unwrap each Hershey Kiss and place one on in the centre of each pretzel.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven on the middle rack for exactly 4 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and immediately place a pink or red Smartie or M&M in the centre of the chocolate kiss. Slightly press the candy into the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to cool completely before transferring to a bowl or a cellophane bag.