Easily transform frozen corn into the most delicious side dish in twenty minutes. Stovetop Cream Cheese Corn is side dish perfection!
I love the simplicity of this dish. It’s one of those side dishes that packs a lot of bang for its buck. The ingredients are very inexpensive, but the results are phenomenal.
In the world that I live in, cream cheese makes everything better. Truth be told, I don’t think there’s ever a time when we do not have cream cheese in our fridge. I’m partial to the solid brick style cream cheese, but we will often buy the spreadable variety for bagels.
Stovetop Cream Cheese Corn demands the use of brick cream cheese. In a pinch, you could use the spreadable type, but the brick cream cheese does a better job at melting and keeping the sauce thicker and creamier.
This is certainly one of those dishes that you should serve immediately after cooking. If not, the cream cheese sauce will thicken and harden when the dish begins to cool down.
If for some reason you cannot serve this Cream Cheese Corn as soon as it is prepared, I would suggest to not make it ahead of time, or once prepared, transfer the entire dish to a slow cooker and place the lid on. Turn the heat to low and keep the dish warm. This will prevent the cream cheese from hardening.
As I have mentioned previously, we live in the city. Sure, we can buy fresh corn almost any time of the year, but it’s difficult to find corn outside of August and September that has not traveled thousands of miles to get here.
So, for me, frozen corn is the next best thing. You can buy frozen corn anytime and it’s usually about three dollars a bag. It’s a great alternative. Besides, it also saves you from having to shuck the corn and get all of those kernels off the cob. I absolutely despise doing that, because the corn ends up all over the counter and the floor!
Serve this corn with just about anything, but I can’t think of paring it with anything but my Oven Fried Chicken with Spicy Honey Drizzle. It’s a meal I can eat over and over again!
If you loved this recipe, here are some others that might interest you as well:
In a hurry? Save this recipe to your Pinterest board for later! Click HERE!
Stovetop Cream Cheese Corn
- 5 cups frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the frozen corn, butter, salt, and ground black pepper. Saute the corn until heated all the way through – about 5-6 minutes.
- Next, reduce the heat to medium and add the cream cheese and milk. Continue cooking, stirring constantly until the cream cheese has melted into the milk to form a sauce. The sauce will thicken. Do not leave unattended and continue to stir; the cream cheese sauce will burn easily.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in the freshly chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Are you making this recipe? Show me your version! Tag me on Instagram or Facebook! @lordbyronskitchen | #lordbyronskitchen