Herb Buttered Corn and Green Beans is a rustic, delicious, family-pleasing vegetable side dish. Everything sauteed in butter is better!
Talk about a fast and satisfying side dish! Trimming and cutting the green beans is the hardest thing about this recipe, and we all know that’s not that hard at all!
I’ve been in the mood for fall-ish side dishes lately, and I can’t think of one that’s more budget-friendly, delicious, and of course, visually pleasing as Herb Buttered Corn and Green Beans. I was so proud of them, I served them up in one of our antique serving bowls!
A SIMPLE SIDE FIT FOR A FEAST
As beautiful as the green and the yellow contrast and complement each other, Herb Buttered Corn and Green Beans are not all about their good looks. The freshness of the veggies paired with the fresh herbs makes this side dish very special indeed.
I would proudly serve Herb Buttered Corn and Green Beans on my Thanksgiving table. I’d place them right next to my Butter Basted Turkey Legs and Thighs with Fresh Herbs, and my Herb Butter Mashed Potatoes, these Rosemary Roasted Radishes, and of course, my Mushroom Gravy.
Oh my God, I just went ahead and made myself hungry just thinking about how great that meal would taste! Sure, there’s a lot butter, but who cares!? Thanksgiving only comes one a year!
GREEN BEANS NEED A LOT OF FLAVOUR
Preparing a dish like Herb Buttered Corn and Green Beans is my way of getting green beans onto my plate and into my mouth. I can’t say that I’m a lover of green beans unless that are cooked perfectly and seasoned very well. There’s got to be lots of flavour.
If you take a look at some of my other green bean recipes, you’ll see exactly what I mean. This one is flavoured with chives, parsley, and thyme, and paired with that beautiful corn. And, of course, there’s the butter, because what is a green bean and corn dish (or just about any Thanksgiving side dish) without butter?
If you loved this recipe, here are some others that might interest you as well:
In a hurry? Save this recipe to your Pinterest board for later! Click HERE!
Herb Buttered Corn and Green Beans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound green beans, tips trimmed, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the frozen corn and garlic. Stir into the butter and cook until the corn is heated through – about 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans. Toss to coat in the butter, corn, and garlic mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until beans are heated through, but not limp or soft.
- Once the beans are cooked to your liking, add the remaining ingredients. Toss well to combine.
- Transfer entire contents of the skillet to a serving platter. Garnish and serve.
Are you making this recipe? Show me your version! Tag me on Instagram or Facebook! @lordbyronskitchen | #lordbyronskitchen