Herb Buttered Corn and Green Beans is a rustic, delicious, family-pleasing vegetable side dish. The fresh herbs make this dish fresh and flavourful, but let’s face it, everything sautéed in butter is better! This inexpensive side is perfect for any family dinner, yet, special enough for Thanksgiving too!
Talk about a fast and satisfying side dish! Trimming and cutting the green beans is the hardest thing about this recipe, and we all know that’s not that hard at all!
I’ve been in the mood for fall-ish side dishes lately, and I can’t think of one that’s more budget-friendly, delicious, and of course, visually pleasing as Herb Buttered Corn and Green Beans. I was so proud of them, I served them up in one of our antique serving bowls!
Make your own online recipe box!
Click the in the lower right corner of your screen
& follow the quick and easy instructions!
A SIMPLE SIDE FIT FOR A FEAST
As beautiful as the green and the yellow contrast and complement each other, Herb Buttered Corn and Green Beans are not all about their good looks. The freshness of the veggies paired with the fresh herbs makes this side dish very special indeed.
I would proudly serve Herb Buttered Corn and Green Beans on my Thanksgiving table. I’d place them right next to my Butter Basted Turkey Legs and Thighs with Fresh Herbs, my Herb Butter Mashed Potatoes, these Rosemary Roasted Radishes, and of course, my Mushroom Gravy.
Oh my God, I just went ahead and made myself hungry just thinking about how great that meal would taste! Sure, there’s a lot of butter, but who cares!? Thanksgiving only comes once a year!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO PREPARE THIS RECIPE
The following is a list of the ingredients needed to prepare this Herb Buttered Green Beans and Corn recipe. For exact amounts and measurements, refer to the printable recipe card located near the bottom of this post.
- Frozen Corn – In my opinion, frozen corn is the way to go. It’s fast, easy and cheap. If you want, you can use fresh corn, just be sure to remove it from the cob first!
- Green Beans – I used fresh green beans, because, unlike the corn, frozen or canned green beans and soft and mushy. Fresh is so much better in this instance.
- Garlic – This is aromatic. The garlic seasons the butter deliciously!
- Fresh Herbs – You will need parsley, chives, and thyme leaves.
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- Butter – If you use salted butter, be sure to cut back on any additional salt. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
HOW TO MAKE HERB-BUTTERED CORN AND GREEN BEANS:
Making this dish really couldn’t be any easier. The hardest part of the whole thing is trimming and chopping the green beans. Even that’s not difficult, just a bit time-consuming. Once that is done and the garlic has been chopped, it’s time to start cooking!
In a large skillet, over medium heat, add the butter and allow it to melt. Once melted, add the garlic and frozen corn. Stir to combine and cook until the corn is heated through. This should take about five minutes. Next, add the prepared green beans. Stir into the corn and cook for three to five minutes. The goal is to cook the beans so that they are heated through. Overcooking beans to the point that they are limp or soft is not happening here, folks!
Finally, add the salt and ground black pepper. Add the fresh herbs and toss to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed. Transfer the contents of the skillet to a serving platter and serve!
GREEN BEANS NEED A LOT OF FLAVOUR
Preparing a dish like Herb Buttered Corn and Green Beans is my way of getting green beans onto my plate and into my mouth. I can’t say that I’m a lover of green beans unless they are cooked perfectly and seasoned very well. There’s got to be lots of flavour.
If you take a look at some of my other green bean recipes, you’ll see exactly what I mean. This one is flavoured with chives, parsley, and thyme, and paired with that beautiful corn. And, of course, there’s the butter, because what is a green bean and corn dish (or just about any Thanksgiving side dish) without butter?
Do You Like This Recipe?
You should consider trying these other delicious recipes too!
Herb Buttered Corn and Green Beans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound green beans, tips trimmed, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the frozen corn and garlic. Stir into the butter and cook until the corn is heated through – about 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans. Toss to coat in the butter, corn, and garlic mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until beans are heated through, but not limp or soft.
- Once the beans are cooked to your liking, add the remaining ingredients. Toss well to combine.
- Transfer entire contents of the skillet to a serving platter. Garnish and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Upload a photo and tag me so that I can see it!