Perfectly portion sized, these frosted two-bite blondies are loaded with pumpkin spice flavour both on the inside and outside, and they’re pretty too!
I can never get enough of the comforting and warming flavour that is pumpkin spice. It’s one of those flavours that just makes itself right at home deep within your soul – and your belly!
Lord Byron’s Kitchen has so many recipes dedicated to pumpkin spice. Of all of them, this one has the most pumpkin spice flavour for your buck.
In this recipe, you’ll find pumpkin spice extract and pumpkin spice blend beat right into the blondie batter. Then, I added pumpkin spice seasoning into the buttercream mixture. Lastly, I dusted the tops of the frosted blondies with pumpkin spice as well.
For this particular recipe, I wanted the blondies to look pretty and to be very uniform in shape and size. That is why I portioned the batter into mini muffin tins. Don’t you just love how dainty they look?
If you don’t have a mini muffin tin, there’s really no need to run out and buy one. You can totally pour the entire mixture into a well-greased 9×13 inch baking pan and bake whole.
Once you remove from the oven, you can allow the blondies to cool completely and then cut into individual squares. You have the option of serving them just like that or you can go the extra step and add frosting.
You can frost the entire pan of blondies and then cut them out. Or, cut them into little squares and pipe the frosting onto each square like you see in the photographs. These blondies are very forgiving!
If you plan to give these away to friends, I would not pipe on the frosting. The blondies might not look too pretty by the time they reach their destination! Omit the frosting and the blondies can be stacked without becoming a sticky mess.
But, if you’re keeping them all to yourself, then go ahead and gussy them all up! Place them onto a cake stand like you see in the photographs. And, get ready to hear nothing but praise and compliments!
Frosted Pumpkin Spice Blondies
For the Blondies:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice extract
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice blend, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Frosting:
- 2 cups buttercream frosting
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add the butter to a mixing bowl with the brown sugar. Beat until well incorporated.
- Next, beat in the eggs and pumpkin spice extract.
- Add the flour, pumpkin spice blend, salt, and baking powder. Beat until just combined.
- Add one tablespoon of the batter to each of the mini muffin pan holes.
- Bake for exactly 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the blondies to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Allow to fully cool on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- To frost, place the buttercream into a bowl with one teaspoon of pumpkin spice blend. Beat until just combined. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe large star dollops of the buttercream onto each blondie. Sift a little of the pumpkin spice blend over top. Plate and enjoy!