Perfectly portion sized, these frosted two-bite blondies are loaded with pumpkin spice flavour both on the inside and outside, and they’re pretty too!
I can never get enough of the comforting and warming flavour that is pumpkin spice, which is probably why I love these Frosted Pumpkin Spice Blondies so much!. It’s one of those flavours that just makes itself right at home deep within your soul – and your belly!
Lord Byron’s Kitchen has so many recipes dedicated to pumpkin spice. Of all of them, this one has the most pumpkin spice flavour for your buck.
In this recipe, you’ll find pumpkin spice extract and pumpkin spice blend beat right into the blondie batter. Then, I added pumpkin spice seasoning into the buttercream mixture. Lastly, I dusted the tops of the frosted blondies with pumpkin spice as well.
MINI MUFFIN TINS
For this particular recipe, I wanted the blondies to look pretty and to be very uniform in shape and size. That is why I portioned the batter into mini muffin tins. Don’t you just love how dainty they look?
If you don’t have a mini muffin tin, there’s really no need to run out and buy one. You can totally pour the entire mixture into a well-greased 9×13 inch baking pan and bake whole.
Once you remove from the oven, you can allow the blondies to cool completely and then cut into individual squares. You have the option of serving them just like that or you can go the extra step and add frosting.
You can frost the entire pan of blondies and then cut them out. Or, cut them into little squares and pipe the frosting onto each square like you see in the photographs. These blondies are very forgiving!
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Softened Butter – I have used both salted and unsalted butter. To be perfectly honest, there isn’t much difference in the taste!
- Brown Sugar – I can’t even imagine a blondie or a brownie without the sweetness of brown sugar!
- Pumpkin Spice Extract – You can buy it here, but if you don’t have it or if you don’t want to spend the extra money, you can use vanilla extract instead.
- Eggs – It’s best to make sure your egg is at room temperature. You can set the egg into a cup of warm water to speed up the process.
- All Purpose Flour
- Pumpkin Spice – Just like the extract, you can buy it in almost any store, or you can make your own. Here’s the recipe that I use religiously.
- Baking Powder
You will also need about two cups of buttercream frosting. You can either buy prepared frosting from a baking supply store, or you can make it yourself. It couldn’t be more simple! Toss one cup of salted butter, three teaspoons of pumpkin spice extract (or vanilla extract), four cups of confectioner’s sugar, one teaspoon of pumpkin spice blend, and four tablespoons of heavy cream. Beat with a hand-held mixer until well combined.
HOW TO MAKE FROSTED PUMPKIN SPICE BLONDIES
Even though these blondies look impressive, they are very easy to make. First, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set it aside until the batter is mixed and ready. Next, add the butter to a mixing bowl with the brown sugar and beat it with a hand-held mixer until well incorporated.
Next, beat in the eggs and pumpkin spice extract. Add the flour, pumpkin spice blend, salt, and baking powder. Beat that in until it is just combined. That’s it; the batter is now ready! Add one tablespoon of the batter to each of the mini muffin pan holes. Once the pans are filled, tap them firmly on your countertop to make sure the batter has settled into the pan. Bake for exactly 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow the blondies to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Allow to fully cool on a wire cooling rack before frosting. To frost, prepare the buttercream or place the store-bought buttercream into a bowl with one teaspoon of pumpkin spice blend. Beat until just combined. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe large star dollops of the buttercream onto each blondie. Sift a little of the pumpkin spice blend over top. Plate and enjoy!
SHARING THESE WITH FRIENDS?
If you plan to give these away to friends, I would not pipe on the frosting. The blondies might not look too pretty by the time they reach their destination! Omit the frosting and the blondies can be stacked without becoming a sticky mess.
Because of the fact that the frosting itself has so much flavour, and pairs so well with the blondie, you might want to consider packing up some of the frosting too. Go ahead and make a batch of the frosting and transfer it to a mason jar. Your friends can smear on as much of that delicious frosting as they want. Problem solved!
But, if you’re keeping them all to yourself, then go ahead and gussy them all up! Place them onto a cake stand like you see in the photographs. And, get ready to hear nothing but praise and compliments!
Frosted Pumpkin Spice Blondies
For the Blondies:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice extract
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice blend, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Frosting:
- 2 cups buttercream frosting
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add the butter to a mixing bowl with the brown sugar. Beat until well incorporated.
- Next, beat in the eggs and pumpkin spice extract.
- Add the flour, pumpkin spice blend, salt, and baking powder. Beat until just combined.
- Add one tablespoon of the batter to each of the mini muffin pan holes.
- Bake for exactly 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the blondies to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Allow to fully cool on a wire cooling rack before frosting.
- To frost, place the buttercream into a bowl with one teaspoon of pumpkin spice blend. Beat until just combined. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe large star dollops of the buttercream onto each blondie. Sift a little of the pumpkin spice blend over top. Plate and enjoy!