With bright flecks of red, white, and green, these delectable Christmas Jewel Squares are rustic, fancy, and impressive all at the same time!
Christmas Jewel Squares have it all and they’re the perfect Christmas treat!
These beauties are packed with two types of chocolate, lots of dried fruit and nuts, and tastes like a chocolate chip cookie that has been wrapped in a fruitcake and smothered in a gooey sugar bath. Did I just go too far?
Last Christmas, I posted a similar recipe called Magic Cookie Bars, but this year, I wanted to update them and make them a little more festive.
If you’ve been following my blog for long, you’ll notice that with me, there are ingredient trends. I tend to find one particular ingredient that I become fixated with and every recipe that comes out of my kitchen tends to incorporate that one particular ingredient. This year, it’s glace cherries.
One can’t help but notice first the sweet, sugary taste of these cherries. But I think the beautiful jewel-like colours of these gems are often overlooked. There’s nothing like the bright glistening reds and greens of these confections to make a Christmas-themed baked good pop and stand out.
Wouldn’t you agree? Look at how gorgeous these are; just the perfect little bite of Christmas without the fuss associated with most holiday baking. That, Dear Reader, is my gift to you.
I trust you’ll enjoy these just as much as I did. I hope you’ll come back and send me a note once you’ve had time to share these with your family and friends! #merrychristmas
Christmas Jewel SquaresPin Recipe Print Recipe
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups graham crumbs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup red glace cherries, chopped
- ½ cup green glace cherries, chopped
- 14 ounces canned condensed sweet milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×9″ pan by lightly greasing the sides with butter and layering parchment paper in the bottom. Set aside.
- Place the butter and graham crumbs in a bowl and stir with a spoon until the butter and crumbs have been fully incorporated.
- Lightly press the graham crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Do not press too firmly, just lightly and enough to create a solid base.
- Sprinkle over the white chocolate chips and the semi-sweet chocolate chips as evenly as possible.
- Drizzle over the entire can of condensed milk.
- Next, evenly distribute the toppings in the following order: coconut flakes, pecans, walnuts, dried blueberries, dried cranberries, green glace cherries, red glace cherries, and almonds
- Bake for 30 minutes. When the condensed milk is golden brown and starting to bubble, remove from oven and allow to fully cool before cutting into even-sized squares.