Healthy One Pot Vegetarian Jambalaya
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Jambalaya, although not typically thought of as a vegetarian dish, can now be enjoyed by all! Staying true to traditional flavours, this dish is hearty and healthy and meatless!
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 14 ounces canned fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked
- 19 ounces canned six bean medley, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped (plus more for garnish)
In a large skillet or Dutch oven, over medium heat, add the olive oil, onions, celery, and green and red bell peppers. Stir and sauté for 8 minutes.
Add the garlic and continue to sauté 2 minutes.
Next, stir in the oregano, basil, thyme, paprika, dried red chili flakes, black pepper, and salt.
Add the soy sauce and fire roasted tomatoes. Stir well to combine. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the beans and rice. Stir and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
Turn off the heat. Add the fresh parsley and green onions. Stir into the rice and bean mixture. Allow to sit for 2 minutes.
Serve and top with more parsley and green onions as a garnish.