Roasted Stuffed Tomatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 5 people
A simple and easy side dish never looked this good! Roasted Stuffed Tomatoes are baked to perfection with just the right amount of parmesan, panko, and fresh herbs.
- 10 roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise, pulp and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or grated
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly brush a baking pan with olive oil. Place the tomatoes on the baking pan, cut side up. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the salt evenly over the tomatoes. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper evenly over the tomatoes as well. Set aside.
In a bowl, toss together the panko, parmesan, the remaining salt and pepper, the garlic, onion powder, basil and parsley, until well combined.
Add the olive oil and lightly toss until the panko and parmesan mixture is coated with the oil.
Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each tomato cavity. Do not press the mixture into the tomatoes. Just evenly distribute the panko mixture into the 20 tomato halves.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with more parsley (optional) and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil. You can also add more grated parmesan. Serve immediately.