This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MadeForMore #Walmart #CollectiveBias
Triscurritos! Doesn’t that sound like a fun way to top your favourite TRISCUIT? In my home, we love burritos, so I thought rather than use the traditional tortilla wrap, I’d serve them up open-faced style on a TRISCUIT. They were delicious and the perfect late lunch on a bright, sunny Sunday afternoon.
This past weekend was extremely busy. It’s a safe bet to assume that this past weekend was the start of what will be a very busy summer for us. Not only was it Canada Day weekend, but on Saturday, my 13 year old daughter moved in with us. (She had been living with her mom on the east coast.)
We picked her up at the airport at 7:30am and headed on our way to Kitchener to visit with my parents, my sister, and her kids. After a quick lunch, we headed back toward Toronto, but not before stopping to visit John.e’s friend for a Starbucks in Burlington. We finally arrived home and then came the task of unpacking and getting her all settled in.
On Sunday, we headed out shopping for some summer wear for her and we needed to fetch a few grocery items as well. You see, John.e and I don’t eat many processed foods, and we very rarely have a teenager at home, so we needed to stock up on some of the things she likes to eat. Arriving home later than we anticipated – and we were all starving! – these Triscurritos seemed like the perfect solution. They were quick to assemble and perfect for a late lunch outside. I prepared about 20 crackers in total, which will serve 4 people; the suggested serving size is five crackers, and with all of these toppings, you’re sure to satisfy your hunger! 🙂
We sat on our balcony, taking in as much sun as possible, before calling it a day and resting up for a busy first week of work and play.
Now, Dear Reader, if you love crackers as much as we do, I encourage you to pick up some TRISCUITS. The traditional varieties are great, but you simply must try the new artisanal flavours recently introduced. You can find them at Walmart, and the flavours simply encourage you to play with you food – literally! Just think of the toppings you could pile onto these; the possibilities are endless!
Traditional varieties include: TRISCUIT Original Crackers, TRISCUIT Reduced Fat Crackers, TRISCUIT Hint of Salt Crackers, and TRISCUIT Cracked Pepper & Olive Crackers. The new artisanal varieties include: TRISCUIT Mediterranean Olive Crackers, TRISCUIT Smoked Gouda Crackers, and TRISCUIT Sriracha Crackers. For my Triscurritos recipe, I decided to use the Hint of Salt flavour, because I knew they would work well with the flavours of refried beans, cheese, and lime. I’m sure you’ll love this recipe, but if you need more inspiration, why not visit this link to find more recipe ideas!? And, as always, I encourage you to leave me a message and share how you topped your favourite TRISCUIT! Cheers!
- 1 box TRISCUIT Hint of Salt
- 1 cup refried beans
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup canned corn, drained
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup salsa
- 1-2 lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly position 18-20 TRISCUITS onto the prepared pan. (You'll need 5 crackers per person.)
- Smear each TRISCUIT with a little bit of the refried beans - about a teaspoon on each.
- Next, sprinkle half of the cheese onto top of the beans. Using about 1 cup of the cheese, top each TRISCUIT with about a teaspoon of cheese.
- Top the cheese with a few kernals of corn and a few black beans.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has bubbled.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Top the TRISCUTS with the shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and any leftover corn and beans.
- Drizzle the entire pan of TRISCUITS with the sour cream and spritz with lime wedges if desired.
- Serve with bowls of salsa and guacamole and extra lime wedges. Enjoy!