I’m a coffee drinker, and I love Starbucks! But, who can afford to go there every time one needs a coffee? The same goes for John.e; he loves the peach iced tea at Starbucks, but again, one a day can add up!
I decided to make this at-home version of peach iced tea, and I’m glad I did! It was such a welcomed change from water, juice, or soda.
All you need is 30 minutes and a few simple ingredients. I bet the only ingredient you will need to buy in order to make this drink, is peaches; I’m sure you already have sugar and tea in your pantry.
Sweetened Peach Iced Tea
- 3 peaches, pit removed, sliced into quarters
- 3 tea bags your choice, I used Orange Pekoe
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- In a saucepan with a tight fitting lid, add the sliced peaches, one cup of water, and the sugar.
- Bring those three ingredients to a boil.
- Stir, turn off the heat, and cover.
- Allow the peaches to sit for thirty minutes while they completely infuse the simple syrup.
- In the meantime, in your kettle, boil seven cups of water. Once boiled, add the tea bags to a large pitcher, carefully pour in the boiling water, and place the pitcher in your refrigerator to cool.
- Drain the peach syrup through a fine sieve and add the syrup to the tea. Return to refrigerator until completely cooled.
Fill jars, top with lots of ice, and sit outside with a good book. 🙂