Spicy Herbed Paprika Chicken is a perfect solution to a hurried weeknight dinner; spicy, smoky, and flavourful, this chicken dish comes together in 45 minutes. Serve with sauteed corn for a great meal!
I’ve been expanding my list of chicken recipes as of late. Many of my readers are in the same situation as me – home from work and the need to get a good dinner on the table. Even though I can’t serve chicken to my family, because they’re vegetarian, I have to eat too, so why not treat myself to a good dinner as well?
Spicy Herbed Paprika Chicken, like many of my other chicken dishes, is easy to make, and takes very little time to prepare. I love the type of recipes that come together in a hurry and need no constant care. The types of recipes that are tossed in the oven on a sheet pan and forgotten about until my kitchen timer rings is my favourite type of recipe to make. Life is too busy to stand at the stove top after a long day at work.
Many of my readers have sent messages telling me about their hectic after work lifestyles. And it’s the same story over and over. It starts with the commute, which most of the time leads to delays and frustration, followed by a quick stop at the grocery store for dinnertime inspiration. Of course, that’s followed by chores, errands, school pickup, homework help, appointments, extracurricular activity practices, etc. And, in all of that, we need to fit in some time for family and rest.
That’s why, in our home, dinnertime is so important. We all like to sit down and eat together while talking about our day. In fact, we very often play this fun little game at the dinner table which sparks conversation. We call this game High Low. In a nutshell, each person takes their turn in expressing the highest and lowest points of their day. So, we get to talk about something that was exciting or cool, and then we get to vent about something that wasn’t so favourable. I love hearing tidbits about their day; sometimes, it makes my day seem so much brighter, but I’ll never tell them that! 🙂
So, just before you pull this Spicy Herbed Paprika Chicken out of the oven, add some frozen corn to a hot skillet with a little butter, salt, and pepper, and in a few minutes, dinner is ready to go. Serve up a nice, colourful, flavourful plate and turn off the television. Put your electronics aside, enjoy a nice meal, and learn about the ups and downs of each other’s day. It’s a great way to reconnect and spend some quality time with your loved ones.
Spicy Herbed Paprika Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, washed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil and coating liberally with cooking spray.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts. Lay on baking sheet a few inches apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, place all other ingredients (no salt and pepper!) into a bowl and whisk together.
- Remove chicken from oven and spoon the spice mixture over the top.
- Bake for another 25 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.