Pumpkin Pecan Cream Cheese Spread came about because, this past weekend, John.e picked up a dozen bagels from one of my favourite bagel shops. I love bagels, but try my best to limit eating them as much as possible. I probably end up eating one a month, so this one had to be a good one!
Easy to prepare and comes together quickly, Pumpkin Pecan Cream Cheese Spread is bound to be a favourite bagel spread for you too! And chances are, Dear Reader, you’ll have everything you need to make this spread already. I love when I can whip together a recipe without having to run to the grocery store for an item or two first. (Does that make me lazy? Or efficient?)
The night before I made this recipe, I had opened a large can of pumpkin puree to make a pumpkin spice loaf, and I didn’t want the leftovers to go to waste. By the way, side note here: what is with the over sized cans of pumpkin puree here in Toronto? They’re huge! I’ve never come across a recipe that uses more than a cup or so; even that is quite a lot for most recipes. Yet, the cans here yield about three or more cups of puree. Just another reason why I love shopping in the United States – smaller cans of pumpkin puree!
With all of the political nonsense that’s happening in America right now, I’ve read articles and blurbs on social media about Americans wanting to move to Canada should Trump be elected president. If any of you do move here, could you be a dear and bring smaller cans of pumpkin puree with you? #manythanks! Anyway, I digress.
Let’s get back to the topic at hand here: Pumpkin Pecan Cream Cheese Spread! How could you not love this spread? It’s creamy, and cheesy, yet full of fall flavours – pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and even a little bit of brown sugar. Yum! Here’s the recipe!
Oh, and if you need the recipe for pumpkin spice, you can find it here: Pioneer Woman’s Homemade Pumpkin Spice
- 16 ounces cream cheese (two blocks)
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand held mixer to cream the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and brown sugar and incorporate into the cream cheese.
- Use a spatula to stir in the chopped pecans.
- Transfer to a food safe container, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Yields about 32 tablespoons; serving size is 2 tablespoons.