When I first started this blog, I never imagined it would lead to what it has become today. I’ve gained many loyal readers and followers, my photography skills have improved, I’ve expanded my knowledge of the kitchen, tasted different foods that I would normally not try, and I’ve gotten to know some amazing and talented people. One such person is Jennifer Meyering. I met Jennifer through a blogging support group that I was invited to participate in via Facebook. She has such a bubbly personality and has become one of the most trusted bloggers for me to turn to for advice of any kind. Her techy skills are da bomb, y’all! 🙂 If you look closely at the bottom of this page, you’ll see that Jennifer actually designed my blog for me. So, Dear Reader, not only can you turn to her for recipes, crafts and décor, and even fitness info, you can also seek her out for help with design and html stuff. (That’s the limit of my technical vocabulary.)
This particular recipe was in fact inspired by Jennifer. Her Parmesan Ranch Roasted Chickpea recipe was one that I trusted. I simply followed her technique, but changed up the flavour profile. I love parmesan and ranch, but I needed a nacho flavour to use as a salad topper. Hence, the nacho flavoured chickpea recipe you see here.
These little morsels of goodness are not only healthy, but extremely tasty! They have just the right amount of nacho taste, they are slightly salty and perfect for snacking or adding to salads. You could even toss these into a burrito too with some lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and a little salsa. Yum, right!?
Nacho Flavoured Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed well (19 ounce cans)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with tin foil and applying a good amount of non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the rinsed chickpeas with the olive oil and taco seasoning until well coated.
- Transfer the chickpeas to the baking sheet and spread out in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, toss to prevent the chickpeas from sticking and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Allow the chickpeas to cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring to a bowl.