Every princess needs a make up table, right? 🙂 Well, this particular princess needed a table to use for blog posts. I’m so proud of how this table turned out. It was an easy fix to get it looking like it is now from it’s previous state.
Since the table was already well used, I didn’t need to sand it too much at all. I used a very abrasive sand paper just to roughen up some of the areas where the varnish was still in tact – mostly on the legs. Then, I washed the table and applied two coats of paint.
The best part of this table overall was the design. John.e took the “P” from my blog logo and enlarged it using his design software. We both scanned through pages and pages of crowns on Google’s image search until we found one that we liked. Again, using his design software, he placed the crown on top of the letter “P” and positioned it to make it look like the crown was sitting slightly back on the head. Once the stencil was designed, he printed it and I went to work cutting it out with a sharp blade.
I placed the stencil where I wanted it to be on the table and using a ball of crumpled up paper towel, I dabbed the paint until the desired thickness and colour was obtained. Once the paint was fully dried, I used a much less course sand paper to apply some “well-worn” areas. Then, like the previous furniture pieces, I applied a clear coat of protective finish.
And, there you have it – my very own Pretty Practical Pantry Princess Table! 🙂