Of all the ice cream flavours available, I think this one is the flavour both John.e and McKenna seem to crave the most. So, it makes perfect sense that I take a few minutes and make a batch of mint chocolate chip ice cream for the two people I love the most.
I cannot tell you how excited I am to have stumbled upon these no churn ice cream recipes on Pinterest. I absolutely love how easy they are to make! Since I’m one of those pantry shoppers, I always have canned condensed milk on hand. Most of us have chocolate chips in our pantry stash somewhere, and you know just as well as I do that there’s a bottle of mint or peppermint extract pushed to the back of your refrigerator just waiting for some attention.
Besides the heavy cream, that’s all you really need to make this delicious and gorgeous ice cream. You can even forego the food colouring if you don’t mind having a white mint chocolate chip ice cream. In fact, that would certainly look more elegant, and it would be a nice surprise, because most of us would expect the ice cream to be vanilla! Here’s how to make this one:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 14 ounce can Eagle Brand condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint/mint extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips/chunks/bits
- Green food colouring - 1-3 drops depending on colour preference
- Chill a metal bowl for 10-15 minutes in your freezer.
- Using a handheld mixer, whisk the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the peppermint/mint extract. Slowly drizzle in the condensed milk while mixing on a low speed.
- Don't over mix. The whipping cream will deflate. Just incorporate the condensed milk into the mixture.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips and mix through just briefly.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze for 6 hours.