A classic Christmastime treat, Marshmallow Church Window Slices were a childhood favourite. Only four ingredients bring this sweet treat to life!
Sit back and let me tell you about the easiest recipe you can possibly make to serve your guests this Christmas. These little slices of chocolatey, marshmallowy goodness are extremely simple, but looks extremely impressive!
The Christmas season is busy enough as it is, and we all like to show off to our guests with our décor and whatever might be on the menu, so why not take a little help wherever you can get it!?
You know what else is great about these cookies? Well, I’ll tell you – there’s only 4 ingredients! You can yield approximately 24 rather large slices – depending on how thick you slice them – for less than $10.
Oh, I forgot one more great thing! You simply leave the cookie log in your freezer and take it out whenever you need it. It’s very freezer-friendly and retains a freshly made taste. Just removed the cookie log from your freezer and let it set at room temperature for 4 or 5 minutes. Slice off what you need and put the rest back into the freezer for another time.
Now, I decided to make these with white marshmallows, but you can use the mini coloured type if you prefer. In fact, the coloured marshmallows will look more like a church window, but I felt the white would result in a classier, more upscale look. Because, presentation matters, folks! 😉
- 400g mini marshmallows (one regular sized bag)
- 300g semi-sweet chocolate chips (one regular sized bag)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Using the double boiler method (or a microwave), melt the butter and the chocolate chips together. Stir constantly! This process will take just a few minutes and is needed to fully incorporate the butter into the chocolate.
- Once completely melted, remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir the marshmallows into the melted chocolate mixture. Stir well, ensuring that every single mini marshmallow is covered with chocolate.
- Lay down a large sheet of parchment paper and sprinkle 1/2 cup of the coconut onto the paper. Spoon half of the marshmallow mixture along the edge of the paper. Leave a good 3-4 inches of free space around. Roll the paper up, creating a log shape. Be sure to tuck in the ends.
- Next, wrap the parchment paper log in a large sheet of tin foil. Be sure to re-shape into a log form and place into the freezer.
- Repeat with the remaining marshmallow mixture and form a second log.
- Freeze for a minimum of 1 hour before slice.
In a hurry? Save this recipe to your Pinterest board for quick and easy reference! Click HERE!