This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KetchupWithFrenchs #CollectiveBias
Slightly sweet with a little heat, this easy Indian Spiced Weeknight Chicken is sure to please the pickiest member of your family. With just a few basic ingredients, you can transform a plain chicken breast into a moist, succulent masterpiece in no time at all!
In our home, ketchup is ALWAYS present. We use it regularly. But, with everyone wanting to eat a little healthier these days, we made the switch to French’s Ketchup a few months back. French’s uses real ingredients, which is something my vegetarian family members tend to favour, of course. With real sugar, the best tomatoes, and no GMOs, high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, or artificial flavours and colours, French’s was the clear choice.
Oh, and for my family, living here in Canada, we are even more proud of using French’s Ketchup, because the tomatoes used in the product are locally grown right here in Ontario! For those of you outside of Canada, here’s another cool thing that French’s is doing; it has partnered with Feeding America and is donating 10 million meals in 2017. How great is that?
If you want to learn more about French’s, check out this link for nutritional information and even more great tasting recipes. And, this link will provide you with even more! I love how you can partner the ketchup with French’s mustard and those delicious crispy fried onions too!
And, just in case those links weren’t enough, check out this video:
You can find French’s Ketchup in the condiments section of your local grocery store. French’s Ketchup is available at most grocery stores, in fact, Walmart also stocks the product. We purchase French’s Ketchup at Loblaws.
I could go on and on about ketchup (ha!) but, let’s get back to this Indian Spiced Weeknight Chicken dish. We all lead extremely busy lifestyles, so anything in my home that makes mealtime prep easier, faster, and delicious is a win.
This chicken is super moist and so enjoyable. And, truth be told, it literally takes about 5 minutes to get it prepared for the oven. You come home from work or school, mix the sauce together, pour it over the chicken, and toss it in the oven. No mess, no fuss, and all in about 30 minutes. Steam some veggies to go with this chicken and you’ve got yourself a wholesome, healthy dinner.
Indian Spiced Weeknight Chicken not only promises great taste, but also less clean up. For the sauce, you need only a measuring cup and a spoon. For the chicken, you need only parchment paper and a baking sheet. Could weeknights get any easier? I think not, Dear Reader. 🙂
Even before this dish is ready to serve, it looks great. Here’s a photo of what it should look like before you place the chicken in the oven. Notice how thick the sauce is smeared onto each breast.
Indian Spiced Weeknight Chicken
- 4 whole chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 cup French’s Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley, chopped, optional
- Measure one cup of French’s Ketchup into a measuring cup. Add the dried onion flakes, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Stir together with a spoon.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set the chicken breasts about two inches apart with the smooth side facing down.
- Spoon about a tablespoon or two of the sauce mixture on top of each breast and smooth it over the top.
- Drizzle each breast with olive oil and flip the breast over. Repeat with the sauce and olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cut parsley and serve immediately.