Tender, with charred bits, these Honey Garlic Baked Pork Bites are delicious and easy to prepare. Perfect for a family dinner anytime!
Pork. I love pork. Isn’t it just the prettiest word? It’s short and simple; easy to say and spell, and for me, it conjures up memories of good food. You see, Dear Reader, I’m not a vegetarian. John.e is! If you’ve never read my about page, you should; it will explain the whole thing!
I’m posting this recipe for two reasons. The first reason is because I love pork. And, the second reason is because this blog is about me, by me, and for me. I love the fact that you all take the time to read it, share the recipes with your friends, and even make the recipes in your own kitchens, but in essence, this blog is a creative outlet for me. It’s enjoyable for me to take the comfort foods that I grew up with and recreate them so that they fit into a vegetarian diet, but I don’t always cook vegetarian food at home. In fact, I think most households have either a mix of vegetarians and carnivores, or all carnivores. In my circle of friends, family, and acquaintances, I know of only one family who is completely vegetarian. So the recipes that I’ve posted so far, have worked for ALL types of families, because even the most die-hard carnivore can benefit from eating a vegetarian meal once in a while. But now, Dear Reader, I have decided to branch out a little and post a few dishes consisting of beef, pork, chicken, or even fish.
I promise that these recipes will not be frequent, because even though I do cook meat from time to time, more than 90% of my diet is vegetarian. However, my hope is that my followers who have one or more vegetarians to worry about at dinner time, might also benefit from the occasional non-vegetarian recipe. So, let’s get to it!
Pork. There’s that word again. Of all the animal products that can be consumed, pork is by far my favourite. It’s always tender and moist, there are so many cuts to choose from, and even the cheapest cuts can be prepared in such a way that a gourmet meal is the result. That’s the case with this Honey Garlic Baked Pork Bites recipe.
Notice the charred bits on the pork? Even those bits are still moist and tender. The fact that they are baked in a honey and garlic sauce, and the fact that I don’t over trim the fat when cutting the pork, certainly helps! This is an easy, toss-everything-together-at once type of recipe; my favourite!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds pork loin roast, cut into 1" cubes
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large oven-safe baking dish, gently toss the cubed pork with the salt and pepper, onion, and olive oil.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the garlic, honey, and chili flakes. Gently move the pork bites around to help mix in the honey and garlic.
- Place the aluminum foil back on the baking dish and return to the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove dish from the oven. Remove the aluminum foil. Stir the pork around and place back in the oven, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from oven, and allow to cool for five minutes. Sprinkle with chopped, fresh parsley and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.