Dear Reader, please help me welcome the lovely and talented Ms. Paige to Pretty Practical Pantry! I’ve known Paige for almost a year now, and I’ve enjoyed getting to know her so much. She’s a woman who loves to cook great food, take lovely photos, and don’t even get me started on her blogging technical expertise – she has helped me get out of several techie binds! When we were discussing her writing a guest post for my blog, I knew I wanted her to create a dish that was prepared with a grill, and since I have zero steak recipes for my readers, steak was the best way to go! She lives in Florida and loves fresh ingredients and has a new-found love for grilling. Please visit her blog and show her some love. Here’s Paige!!!
Hi everyone! And a HUGE thank you to Byron for letting me come hang out today on Pretty Practical Pantry. I happen to absolutely love Byron’s recipes… his chicken wings are masterpieces!! Talk about delicious!
When Byron and I were chatting about a good recipe post for today, he was thinking along the lines of steak. And you guys, I am always happy to grill up a steak and talk about it. Believe it or not, before I met my husband, I actually wasn’t much of a steak-eater. But one bite of some of his barbecue creations, and I was hooked. For the longest time, I was content to just let him do all the grilling, while I prepared the rest of the meal. But earlier this year, I started paying more attention and asking lots of questions. So to satisfy my grilling curiosity, in the last few months, my husband has been teaching me about all about grilling – how to prepare the grill, how to make sure it cooks well.
With his guidance, I grilled this sirloin yesterday for lunch. Add a bed of fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and crumbled Gorgonzola on top. Y’all… what. a. treat!
I hope you enjoy this yummy (and super easy to make) salad as much as we did. And if you have a minute, please swing by for a visit over at Where Latin Meets Lagniappe! Cheers!
- 1 New York Strip sirloin steak (size of choice)
- 1 tablespoon Canadian Steak Seasoning
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 tablespoon canned yellow corn
- 2 tablespoons grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Season steak with Canadian Steak seasoning front and back.
- Place seasoned steak on prepared barbecue grill, and grill to desired done-ness.
- While steak is grilling, on a medium plate, layer lettuce, then corn, then tomatoes, then orange bell pepper.
- When steak is finished cooking, remove from grill. Slice into strips and layer on top of vegetables.
- Top the steak with crumbled Gorgonzola and balsamic vinegar.