Sometimes a simple dish is all you need to help make a weeknight dinner delicious and wholesome. This garlic and lime flavoured grilled zucchini is just the perfect fix for those rushed weeknight dinners – or any time for that matter!
My favourite part of summer is finding vegetables at great prices. I love that local produce is readily available and in abundance. This time of year I tend to prepare a lot of asparagus, tomato, cucumber, and zucchini dishes. And, because I’m finally getting around to using my grill pan that John.e purchased a year ago, I’ve been experimenting with in-door grilling a lot more.
If you have an outdoor grill, please go ahead and use that – by all means! But, if you live an apartment where outdoor grills are a big no-no, then purchase one of these lovely indoor, stove-top grill pans. They work really well! I use mine at least twice a week now. I grill veggies, obviously, and I love to grill chicken breasts on this thing too. Oh, and don’t get me started with how good asparagus with a bit of lemon and parmesan tastes on this thing!
This is a very simple recipe and quite delicious. I’m sure you’ll come back to this one again and again!
- 2 zucchini, sliced ¼ inch thick
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- Parsley for garnish
- Begin by whisking together the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill pan. You want a very hot grill. The goal is to cook the zucchini slices very quickly and to create a smoky, charred taste. To achieve this, a hot grill will do quite well and will prevent overcooking the zucchini.
- Place the zucchini slices directly onto the grill and refrain from moving the zucchini about.
- Allow each slice to grill for 2 minutes. Turn each slice over and grill for 1 minute. Grill in batches to prevent overcrowding the pan.
- Remove to a serving plate. Spritz with extra lime juice if desired and top with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.