Fast & Easy Deviled Egg Pasta Salad is the perfect summer picnic or family get-together potluck recipe. It’s inexpensive and feeds a crowd. And, no party is complete without deviled eggs!
I love everything about deviled eggs, which is why I had to try my hand at this pasta dish. Whenever I make deviled eggs, I feel as though I never make enough. Even though I use a whole dozen eggs, which yields twenty four, I end up eating so many that I hardly have any left for appetizers.
I thought that this pasta salad would help to fill me up faster rather than wolfing back a half dozen eggs! Much to my surprise (not really) I ate way too much of the pasta too. I can’t win!
Since I’ve started blogging about food, my curiosity sometimes gets the best of me. For this particular recipe, for example, I got to thinking about why Deviled Eggs are called Deviled. After some quick research, I was about to learn that the term deviled, in a recipe title, was first used in the 18th century to describe or identify a spicy or zesty food, including eggs prepared with mustard, pepper or other ingredients stuffed in the yolk cavity. Hence, Deviled Eggs!
I love learning about the origins of food. Strange, it’s something I never thought about before. I just ate. And, I’m really good at that!
Deviled Egg Pasta Salad is such a fast and easy dish to prepare. Honestly, the few minutes you need to cook pasta and boil eggs is all it takes. It’s a perfect dish to make when you’re in a hurry. And, it’s the perfect take-along to those summer barbeques, or those family picnics. I’d even take this pasta salad to a church function; even if it does have the word devil in the title!
This pasta salad can be stored in your refrigerator for up to three days. I wouldn’t recommend extending the life of this pasta any longer than that. I’m one of those home cooks who tends to grow weary about the safety of eggs and mayonnaise.
The same applies if you take this pasta salad to a picnic or barbeque. Be sure to package it in a food-safe bowl and keep it well chilled in a cooler. Mayonnaise can turn rancid very quickly on a hot summer day. Eat responsibly, Dear Reader! 🙂
Fast and Easy Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
- 450 grams cooked pasta, use your favourite pasta - macaroni, bowtie, penne, etc.
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 10 large eggs, boiled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup green pickle relish
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper, paprika, vinegar, mustard, and pickle relish.
- Add the cooked pasta and use a rubber spatula to toss until well coated.
- Next, add the chopped egg and gently fold into the pasta mixture until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
In a hurry? Save this recipe to your Pinterest board for quick and easy reference! Click HERE!
All access to Lord Byron’s Kitchen! Never miss another recipe!