Easy Oven Baked Honey Garlic Chicken is a perfectly quick dinnertime main! Seasoned with simple pantry ingredients, and dressed in a sticky honey and garlic paste, this chicken is sure to be a family favourite!
Who doesn’t love the flavour combination of honey and garlic? There’s just something completely satisfying about the pungent taste of lots of garlic against the sweetness and stickiness of honey. For this dish, I paired those two pantry staples with the flavours of chives and onions to make a very delicious basted baked chicken.
In terms of easy, this recipe couldn’t be more true to the word. Always a fan of delicious weeknight dinners that come together in a hurry, I’m bringing you another dinner option that’s not only packed with protein and goodness, but also with tonnes of flavour!
In my opinion, weeknight cooking is not only about serving up a delicious, hearty meal in little time, but also it should consider the preparation and clean up time. I’m not kidding when I tell you that you can have this chicken in the oven in less than 5 minutes.
And, you can clean everything up in the same amount of time. If you decide to serve this chicken like I did, with some fresh chopped, simply blanched broccoli in some salted water, then you’ll be relaxing with Netflix after dinner in no time!
For this particular recipe, I decided to purchase chicken breast that was skinless. I tend to be a little more forgiving with what I eat on the weekends, but during the week, I like to monitor things like carbs, sugars, and fats. Removing the skin was a choice I made for me, but you can leave the skin on if you prefer.
The one thing that I will ask of you is that you buy chicken breasts on the bone. I have nothing against boneless chicken breast meat, but when cooking a chicken dish like this Oven-Baked Honey Garlic Chicken, the bone allows for a more moist chicken at the end of the cooking time. In fact, chicken enthusiasts just might argue that the bone results in more flavour as well. I tend to agree with them! Alas, if boneless is your preference, go for it!
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, bone in, washed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil and coating liberally with cooking spray.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breasts. Lay on baking sheet a few inches apart.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, place all other ingredients (no salt and pepper!) into a bowl and whisk together.
- Remove chicken from oven and spoon the honey garlic mixture over the top.
- Bake for another 25 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.