Double Chocolate M&M Cookies are meant for the serious chocolate cookie lover – loaded with m&ms, and packed with cocoa, these cookies are super moist and chewy!
I firmly believe that if the day ever came that John.e were to find himself facing a death sentence, and he were to be asked what he preferred for his last meal, he would certainly include M&Ms in the list of foods he wanted to eat. That’s why I had to make him a batch of these Double Chocolate M&M Cookies.
I may receive hate mail for this, but I really don’t care for M&Ms. If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you may remember reading about my unwavering love for Cadbury chocolate and my distaste for Hershey.
In fact, two summers back, we took my daughter on a road trip to Hershey Park in Pennsylvania, and I did not have one single bite of chocolate for the entire duration of our stay. Can you believe that? There was literally chocolate everywhere! But, I resisted… I was strong… I was in a committed relationship with Cadbury, after all. 😉
Recently though, I have been known to eat a few M&M candies. They are still not my favourite, but the different varieties makes them hard to avoid. I love the mint flavoured kind, and also the pretzel variety.
My mom visited a few weeks back and we decided to make cookies for her to bring back to my nephews. Since I had large amount of these mini M&Ms left over from another recipe I had made a few days prior. I thought I’d put them to good use with this Double Chocolate M&M Cookie recipe.
Even though I’m not a fan, I support the addictions of those who are. My nephews loved them, and of course, so did John.e. As you can see, we also packaged up a few bags to give to our neighbours. With the amount of cooking and baking I do for Lord Byron’s Kitchen, we cannot possible eat it all, so we share quite a bit with others.
These are bright, colourful, and cheerful. Just the thing you need if you have big or small kids in your life. Oh, and if you live in the United States, check out Walmart – they have so many M&Ms to choose from.
On a recent shopping spree in the United States, I brought back five or six different varieties for John.e. I think there’s only two or three types here in Canada. Thank goodness, the U.S. border is close by. 😉
In a hurry? Save this recipe to your Pinterest board for later!
Double Chocolate M&M Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups mini M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use your hand mixer to cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add both of the eggs and the vanilla; mix until completely combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and beat until all combined.
- Switch to a wooden spoon to stir in the oats and one cup of the mini M&Ms.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop, about 1 tablespoon, position the mounds of cookie dough onto a baking sheet and slightly flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Gently press 5-7 mini M&Ms into the top of the mounds of cookie dough and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cookies to sit for two minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Are you making this recipe? Show me your version! Tag me on Instagram or Facebook!
@lordbyronskitchen | #lordbyronskitchen
All access to Lord Byron’s Kitchen! Never miss another recipe! Follow me on social media: